You will be asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to your procedure’s scheduled start time. We ask that your ride stay in the car. If you feel that you will be unable to come inside on your own, special accommodations can be made. Upon entering the front door, you will be greeted by one of our staff members. You will be asked a series of questions and have your temperature taken to make sure it is safe for you to enter the building. You will be asked to wear a mask. One will be provided if you do not have your own. You can then take the elevator to the fourth floor where you will be admitted to the endoscopy center. You will meet your admitting nurse and your doctor. Your doctor will ask you to sign a consent form with a single use pen before going into the procedure room. After your procedure, you will recover and then speak with your doctor prior to leaving. If you wish, your doctor can call your ride on speaker phone to go over results with both of you at the same time. You will then be escorted downstairs by one of our staff members to meet your ride. If you feel as though your ride needs to come inside, this can be discussed prior to your procedure.
Note: If a driver needs to use a restroom while waiting, they can come inside the front door and go through the screening process as described in order to do so.
- Pre-screening at the door: Everyone entering our facility will be greeted by a staff member who will ask a series of screening questions. This is not meant to alarm anyone, and all patients, doctors, and staff members are asked the same questions.
- Social distancing
- Fewer patients in the unit
- Wider spacing of seating in waiting areas
- Fewer, more specialized teams of staff in the unit
- Drivers asked to wait in the car
- Infection control
- Continuing our meticulous scope cleaning protocols
- Aggressive, comprehensive cleaning of procedure rooms after every procedure
- Frequent cleaning of restrooms, waiting rooms, recovery bays, and door handles
- Masks for everyone entering the facility. Due to limited supplies, we encourage you to bring your own mask (cloth masks are acceptable).
This has been a challenging time. We know that many of our patients have been waiting to have procedures rescheduled. We will be getting people in for these procedures as efficiently as possible. If you have not heard from us and feel that your procedure cannot wait, please contact our office at (207) 773-7964 for an update on timing. We are not yet able to schedule screening colonoscopies and Barrett’s esophagus surveillance endoscopies. We will reopen for those procedures as soon as possible.