General Summary of Duties
Responding to incoming phone calls regarding medical questions and concerns. Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physicians, and relieve other medical personnel of administrative, clinical, and clerical work by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities may include any and or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Triage in-bound clinical care calls, assesses patient concerns and respond according to the clinical care protocols.
- Review medical records for urgent requests and special needs.
- Support the office clinic under the direction of the Nurse Manger as needed, to include gathering patient information for chart documentation.
- Provide patient education as instructed.
- Document and utilize the electronic medical record according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Follow all practice policies and procedures for appointment scheduling, insurance verification, telephone interactions, and other job responsibilities as established.
- Provide back-up support to clinical services as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate nurse diploma from a college or university; at least three years of experience in the medical-surgical field.
- Ability to navigate an EMR.
- Ability to navigate a computer and computer programs.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- B.L.S. certified
- Active Maine R.N. license
- ACLS certification encouraged
- CGRN encouraged
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager of Operations and has no supervisory responsibilities.Apply Online