General Summary of Duties
Medical assistants monitor and manage the assigned provider’s schedule and assure that the patient record is complete for clinic time. They also monitor and assure that prescription refill requests are completed, and maintain the orders queue for timely and accurate completion of test results and schedules. Medical assistants assure timely and accurate follow-up communications to referring physicians and patients as instructed by the provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and assure physician schedule is filled, formatted and communicated timely and accurately, as established by the global schedule.
- Assure medical record reports and correspondence is complete with pertinent information and documented in the patient’s medical chart in preparation for clinic.
- Respond to provider tasks and orders timely, and assure accurate follow-up of test results are reviewed and signed by the provider.
- Perform patient checkout workflow and responsibilities during office clinic.
- Communicate with external customers in a professional, efficient and helpful manner.
- Assist in patient education as instructed by the provider.
- Patient data entry as needed.
- Perform duties for other PGC physicians as requested on an as-needed, interim basis.
- Follow all practice policies and procedures for appointment scheduling, insurance verification, telephone interactions, and other job responsibilities as established.
Education and/or Experience
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Medical Assistants Degree or Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse License preferred.
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.
This position reports to the Office Clinic Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.Apply Online