General Summary of Duties
Medical assistants who are in the Rooming or Phlebotomy positions will help assist in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Provider and relieve other medical personnel of administrative and clerical work by performing duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs (such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and record information in patients’ charts.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drape patients with covering and positions instruments/equipment. Hands instruments/equipment to Provider as directed.
- Notify purchasing agent when inventory becomes low and request that medical supplies/materials be ordered.
- Assist with treatment, administer routine diagnostic/laboratory tests, do phlebotomy and/or give injections, and/or call medical facilities/departments to schedule patients for tests.
- Answer telephone, greet and direct patients, schedule appointments/procedure to include preparation instructions.
- Keep X-ray and other medical record reports and correspondence accurately complied with pertinent information in patients’ medical charts and perform secretarial tasks.
- Instruct new patients in completion of medical history and informational forms and offer/handout patient education.
- Key data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Perform duties for other PGA Providers as requested on an as-needed/interim basis.
- Follow all Practice policies and procedures for appointment scheduling, insurance verification, telephone interactions, and other job responsibilities as established.
Education and/or Experience
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Medical Assistants Degree or Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse License preferred.
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager of Operations and has no supervisory responsibilities.Apply Online