General Summary of Duties
This position’s primary responsibilities are ensuring processes are running efficiently among all HIM team members and communicating to the manager when a breakdown is occurring, something has fallen behind, or there is room for improvement.
The position will utilize multiple computer systems, the telephone, and fax resources to provide customer service and support to the HIM department. Candidates must have the ability to prioritize department needs, perform clerical or clinical duties as needed, and other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work will be performed and evaluated per established policy and procedures and with demonstrated understanding of departmental procedures and general professional office practices.
- Work in collaboration and on a rotating basis with other HIM representatives to share workloads and divide time to ensure all information is processed in a timely manner.
- Assign daily workloads and shifts resources to ensure the HIM department is performing all assigned duties:
- Fax Inbox – ensure fax inbox is up to date by the day end
- Inbound Portal Messages – ensure portal messages are checked multiple times a day
- Direct Messaging – ensure direct messages are completed daily
- Data Entry – ensure data entry is up to date within 24-48 hours
- Additional Records/Referral Processing – responsible for ensuring accurate processing of patient referrals following outlined policy and procedures, meeting a minimum expectation of referral processing per day
- Recalls – ensure monthly recall process is met each month
- Medical Records – ensure timeline is met to provide medical records, records release duties
- Chart Retrieval Requests – work with manager on chart retrieval requests
- Scanning – assure timely scanning of all documents and routing to correct location
- Faxing H&Ps – ensure H&Ps are faxed timely
- Returned Mail – keep up to date with returned mail
- Importing Procedure Notes – ensure procedure reports are imported next day
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a medical assistant degree
- Ability to navigate an EMR
- Ability to navigate a computer and computer programs
- Certification as a RMA or CMA is strongly desired
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.
This position reports to the Nurse Manager of Operations and has no supervisory responsibilities.Apply Online