General Summary of Duties
This position’s primary responsibilities are data entry, processing referrals, requesting additional records, and medical records management.
The position will utilize multiple computer systems, the telephone and fax resources to provide customer service and support to the HIM department. Candidates must have the ability to prioritize department needs and will perform other clerical duties and projects as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a medical assistant degree
- Ability to navigate an EMR
- Ability to navigate a computer and computer programs
- Certification as a RMA or CMA is strongly desired.
Cross-Trained to Assist in All Areas Below
- Assure timely scanning of charts to EMR
- Record release duties
- Scan and assign to the correct queue
- Navigate all in-bound patient serves calls and response per the central intake protocols
- Schedule patients for all appointments and procedures as instructed
- Provide follow-up communication per protocol via letter, phone or fax.
- Confirm all appointments.
- Perform patient recall.
- Answer the provider services line.
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.Apply Online