General Summary of Duties
The endoscopy technician is responsible for the preparation of the patient, room, and scopes in a team setting, which includes the physician, endoscopy nurse, and recovery nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains current knowledge regarding physical layout of the equipment and supplies
- Endoscopy responsibilities include turning room over, scope and accessory cleaning, and stocking of rooms
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all equipment
- Assists Endoscopy RN during procedure on an as-needed basis
- Maintains safety needs of patient
- Knowledge of location of emergency equipment
- Other duties within the scope of practice may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
Strong endoscopy background, communication, time management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
BLS certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Operation
Hours may vary or change based on the operational needs of the practice. No holidays, evenings or weekends.Apply Online