General Summary of Duties
Billing/Coding specialists will be responsible for all aspects of billing for the services furnished by our providers. Ultimately, the billing specialist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure prompt and accurate payments, and that billing practices are ethical and compliant with government and insurance regulations and guidelines when doing so. The successful candidate will have their CPC certification and a minimum of 5 years’ experience with coding and auditing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Audits and posts charges for our office clinic, surgery center, and hospital encounters.
- Assists other team members with coding necessary for prior authorizations and pre-encounter financial questions and projections.
- Works with providers on coding assistance and education.
- Participates in yearly chart and coding audits.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handing patient information.
- Provides coverage for other team members as needed.
- Completes projects as assigned to support process integration with other departments.
Education and/or Experience
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
- Professional, positive attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication with excellent math skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while maintaining attention to detail.
- Knowledge on insurance and reimbursement processes.
- Familiarity with HIPAA privacy requirements which includes protecting confidential information.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- CPC certification and minimum of 5 years’ experience with coding and auditing.
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.
This position reports to the Billing Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.Apply Online