General Summary of Duties
Billing Accounts Receivable Representatives are responsible for all aspects of billing and collections for the services furnished by our providers. Ultimately, the billing representative’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure prompt and accurate payments, and that billing practices are ethical and compliant with government and insurance regulations and guidelines when doing so. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of revenue cycle management and can efficiently and effectively track and obtain reimbursements with multiple payors and product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Posts insurance and patient payments.
- Submits claims electronically and via paper forms as necessary.
- Answers patient inquires on account status and charges. Assists patients with setting up payment plans. Advises patient if appropriate to follow up with their health plan. Resolves patient complaints.
- Follows up with insurance companies on status of claims, denials, appeals, etc. Ensures “Days in A/R” stays below 50 days.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handing patient information.
- Provides coverage for other team members as needed.
- Completes projects as assigned to support process integration with other departments.
Education and/or Experience
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
- Professional, positive attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication with excellent math skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while maintaining attention to detail.
- Knowledge on insurance and reimbursement processes.
- Understanding of ICD-10 and CPT medical billing codes.
- Familiarity with HIPAA privacy requirements which includes maintaining and protecting confidential information.
Hours of Operation
This position is scheduled Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. Hours may vary or change based on operational needs of the practice.
This position reports to the Billing Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.Apply Online